This agreement, between the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. and the Foster Care Volunteer(s), must be completed if any Bulldog is placed in the custody of the Foster Care Volunteer(s) for a period longer than three days.
Bulldogs are typically affectionate and friendly, and the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. will not knowingly place a dog with an unsound temperament. However, no one can predict how any dog will react in a given situation without full knowledge of its life experiences before rescue. Therefore, Foster Care Volunteers are strongly urged to exercise prudence and caution in introducing a rescued Bulldog into new situations until it has become fully adjusted to its new environment and the Foster Care Volunteer has had an opportunity to become familiar with the dog's unique personality. The Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. makes no claims, representations, or warranties regarding the temperament, behavior, or health of any rescued Bulldog.
Foster Care Requirements:
A foster home should have a fenced yard for exercise. If this is not possible, the dog must be exercised on a leash. Retractable leases are not permitted to be used at any time. An Indiana Bulldog Rescue member may visit the prospective foster home to evaluate it for rescue dog placement. A Bulldog placed in foster care is not owned by the Foster Care Volunteer(s). If, for any reason, the Foster Care Volunteer(s) cannot keep the rescued dog, he/she will return the dog to the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. The final decision on placing the rescued Bulldog in a new home will be made by an authorized member of the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. If the Foster Care Volunteer suggests a possible placement, or wants to adopt the dog being fostered, an adoption application must be completed, and the adoption must be approved by the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. board.
The Foster Care Volunteer is expected to provide food, shelter and necessary transportation to the rescued Bulldog at no cost to the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. Expenses for non-routine, non-emergency treatment, including surgery, will be reimbursed only with prior approval.
The Indiana Bulldog Rescue strongly recommends that Foster Care Volunteers consider obtaining appropriate insurance coverage should it be needed for any injuries or property loss, to the volunteer or third parties. Providers of homeowners' insurance can explain the requirements and costs of such protection.
This contract is made between the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. as represented by the member whose signature appears below and the Foster Care Volunteer(s) whose signature appears below.
The Foster Care Volunteer(s) agrees to:
1. Provide temporary shelter for the Bulldog with the understanding that the Bulldog will eventually be placed in a permanent home or returned to the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. as may be necessary.
2. Provide this dog with proper food, fresh water, and adequate shelter at all times.
3. Provide necessary veterinary treatment for this dog from a veterinarian well-qualified to treat Bulldogs, including annual examinations, DHLPP and rabies vaccinations, and heartworm and intestinal parasite checks, to be followed by periodic use of preventatives. Except in cases of emergency, veterinary treatments other than those related to the annual examination, including all surgical procedures, must be approved by the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. in advance.
4. Comply with all state and local laws and ordinances related to keeping this dog, including leash/license laws.
5. Keep the Bulldog at the residence address listed on the original volunteer application or provide the new address and/or telephone number to the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. immediately in the event of a change of residence or telephone number.
6. Never give or sell this dog to another person, agency, or animal shelter or to allow it to be used for experimentation, dog fighting, or any other commercial or illegal activity.
7. Immediately notify the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. to make arrangements to return the animal to the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. if, for any reason, you are unable to keep this dog.
8. Immediately notify the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. if this dog is lost or bites someone.
9. Permit a Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. member to observe the premises where the dog is housed and to reclaim the dog if, in the sole judgment of the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. member, it is not being cared for as agreed to in this document, or if the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. is required to return the dog to a third party, or if facts have been misrepresented to the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc.
I HEREBY ACCEPT POSSESSION OF THIS DOG "AS IS" AND AT MY OWN RISK, and hereby release and waive any rights against the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc., and any and all of their members, which I may have now or in the future for any damages to person or property caused by this dog.
I agree to abide by all the conditions above and to return this dog to the Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. promptly, or to release this dog to the selected adopter at the request of an authorized Indiana Bulldog Rescue, Inc. member.